Welcome our city homestead
Living in the middle of the big city. Raising children and chickens. Large garden. Self sufficiency. Your back yard is our front yard, and making the most of it.
- Foraging and Canning Cherry JamRemember when you were a kid and your mom made you a warm, crunchy piece of toast with a pad of butter and dollop of jelly? There’s nothing quite like a good piece of toast with a good jam! But most jellies are full of sugar and have been so processed they have nothing valuableContinue reading “Foraging and Canning Cherry Jam”
- 5 Reasons Why You Need Colloidal Sliver Today!Colloidal sliver (CS) is a natural alternative to antibiotics. It is a modern day “wonder drug” that kills bugs, germs, and evil super germs (antibiotic resistant bacteria). CS is a natural anti-microbial, anti-biotic, anti-fungal, and anti-septic agent. That means it contains natural properties that resist the impact and spread of microbes, bacteria, fungi, viral matterContinue reading “5 Reasons Why You Need Colloidal Sliver Today!”
- Outsourcing When Your Homestead Is LimitedOutsourcing when your homestead is limited in space or resources. If you homestead in the city, you know the difficulty of abiding by the city rules and regulations, limit on space and animals. This should never stop you from what you believe God has called you to. Where God guides, God provides. Even in waysContinue reading “Outsourcing When Your Homestead Is Limited”
- Winter Gardening In The CityPulling your vegetable plants at the beginning of fall is a sad moment. It doesn’t need to end there. Start gardening in every season, including winter gardening in the city! Don’t have room for a large green house? Not a problem! Don’t have the money to invest in a pre-made cold frame? You don’t needContinue reading “Winter Gardening In The City”
- Prepping For GoatsWe are prepping for goats. It’s an exciting time. As we will soon be introducing some lovely new friends to our “zoo”, as my kids call it. With living in the city’s you have to prep, plan and sort of papers. As you should prep and plan when having a larger chunk of land, rulesContinue reading “Prepping For Goats”